Wednesday, October 1, 2008

NEED A BREAK FROM THE MARKET?

It's OK! Let me give you a nice calm and peaceful place to be. I've been to 33 states in the past 12-months, but I'd have to say Lake Placid, NY in August was the best. If you've never been to Lake Placid before, this is a trade that's guaranteed to make you happy :). The place is located in the Adirondack Mountains and the lake is surrounded by mountains and a smaller lake called Mirror Lake. Lake Placid also hosted the Winter Olympics in 1932 and 1980. If you go in the summertime like I did, you'll be able to ride down the bob sled run, without the ice of course. Think of it has your own personal roller coaster. I took all the pictures myself to be timed perfectly. Photography is one of my hobbies and I have thousands of photos, so if you want any more, let me know! So, here are the pics and hopefully it'll bring some peace and quiet in this especially volatile market.









Oh yea, the blog profile pic to the left is me on a mountain in North Conway, New Hampshire.

2 comments:

Lucky777 said...

beautiful pics...I went to Whiteface/Lake Placid about 15 years ago (ahhh...the college days)...great place, winter or summer!

John C. Lee said...

thanks. def a place everyone should go before they pass.